JOIN OUR TEAM
Associate Pastor of Student Ministries
Send your resume and cover letter to Chris Ferris by 5:00pm on Monday, April 16, 2018.
The primary responsibility of this position is to be a mature spiritual leader who will form part of a team that shepherds both group leaders and youth in the following ways: (1) facilitate students coming to saving faith in Jesus Christ through the life-transforming truth of the gospel and be assimilated into the life of the church; (2) strengthen their faith; (3) encourage them in their walk with the Lord; (4) advance their understanding of and obedience to the Bible; (5) expand the vision of this ministry to the student’s families; and (6) deepen their relationships with their parents, siblings, and friends thorough the practice of Christian principles and attitudes. (7) facilitate opportunities for them to develop in serving others. In addition, the position requires the spiritual gift of teaching and ability to teach regularly to the youth and occasionally to the full church congregation.
This position reports to the Pastor of Student Ministries and serves on the Leadership Team.
The expectations for this position include:
- Pastoral Oversight: Act as the primary pastor of the Junior High group (youth and leaders) as described in the overview above. Act as one of the pastors for the Senior High group.
- Pastoral Training: Be involved in equipping and maintaining the group leaders. The aim of the training and equipping ministry for both students and sponsors alike is described in Ephesians 4:12-13.
- Teaching Ministry: Teach regularly to the Junior High youth of Forward Church. They will seek to develop the teaching gifts of the group leaders and may invite other guest speakers from time to time.
- Vision & Goals: Annually develop and review the vision and goals for the Junior High Student Ministry at Forward Church ensuring that these are congruent and complementary to the broader vision and Strategic Plan of Forward Church.
- Strategic Plan: Provide information to the Leadership Team that is necessary in developing the Strategic Plan.
- Leadership: Meet with group leaders and other volunteers in the Junior High Student Ministry area to help them succeed in achieving their ministry goals.
- Volunteer Recruitment: Successfully attract and retain group leaders and other volunteers for the Junior High Student Ministry.
- Creativity: Consistently brings fresh ideas and approaches which are appropriate for the times and target audience. Researches methods of other church ministries and attends conferences and seminars which are beneficial to their development.
- Budget: Submits an accurate departmental budget each year. Carefully administrates annual departmental budget ensuring that expenditures do not exceed budget and funds are spent appropriately and in accordance with the spirit in which the budget was created and approved.
- Foundational Documents: Be familiar and in agreement with documents such as Articles of Faith, By-laws, Strategic Plan and Employee Manual.
- Other expectations: Fulfill other teaching/preaching responsibilities as may be delegated on occasion by the Lead Pastor. Participate in broader church initiatives to fulfill Forward Church’s mission. Complete other pastoral duties periodically as needed.
- The successful candidate will be discipled to grow into future roles at Forward Church such as Pastor of Student Ministries.
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following qualifications:
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A passion for discipleship, community, and mission
- An undergraduate degree in a related field
- Strong administrative capabilities
- A proven track record of leading, caring for, and discipling students
- Experience planning and running events
- A confident communicator
- A desire to both learn and lead
- Spiritual gift of teaching required
- Musical ability not required but would be an asset