Join Our Team
STUDENT SUMMER JOBS – CAMP FORWARD
Do you want to make a difference this summer in the lives of kids? Are you a leader that loves developing other leaders? Do you want to have a job that makes a difference? If so, consider applying to work at Camp Forward (Forward Church’s Summer Camps). Whether you’re looking for a full-time role developing programs for children, working with children with special needs, or a part-time, split-shift position, we have great roles for College and University-aged students. And, new this year, we have a brand new Leaders in Training Program for High School students!
NEW – Leaders in Training Program
Are you a High School student? We have a new exciting opportunity for you, our LIT (Leaders in Training) Program. This paid, 5 week program will provide you with leadership and practical training to be a future leader in camps and elsewhere.*
*If you are a highly motivated High School student, you are also welcome to apply for the staff positions below.
Role Descriptions for Summer Camps Staff 2019
Program Coordinator (4 positions available)
The Program Coordinator will work on a specific team (Cambridge Kindergarten, Cambridge Elementary, or Kitchener) and report to the Director of that camp. Program Coordinators from all teams will work together to develop the program for all weeks of camp. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for:
- planning and implementation of all camp related activities;
- ensuring that all program supplies are available for the program;
- developing a program so that any staff, LIT or volunteer can implement it;
- behaviour management of campers.
This is a full time (40 hours/week) job, for 11 weeks, beginning on Monday, June 3 and ending on Saturday, August 17. A lieu day will be given on June 14 for the work day on August 17. This position is intended for a Post-Secondary student, however a highly motivated High School student will be considered.
Special Needs Coordinator (3 positions available)
The Special Needs Coordinator will work on a specific team (Cambridge Kindergarten, Cambridge Elementary, or Kitchener) and report to the Director of that camp. Special Needs Coordinators from all teams will work together to ensure consistency among all camps. The Special Needs Coordinator will be responsible for:
- recruiting and training volunteers and LIT’s to serve as one-on-one support;
- ensuring all children, regardless of ability, are able to participate in camp;
- contacting families of campers with special needs to provide appropriate camper support;
- ensure all one-on-one supports are equipped with what they need;
- providing one-on-one support as required.
This is a full time (40 hours/week) role, for 11 weeks, beginning on Monday, June 3 and ending on Saturday, August 17. A lieu day will be given on June 14 for the work day on August 17. This position is intended for a post-secondary student, however a highly motivated high school student will be considered.
Before and After Care Coordinator (1 position available)
The Before and After Care Coordinator will work with the Admin Director to ensure a safe and high quality before and after program is planned and implemented. The Before and After Care Coordinator will report to the Admin Director. This person will be responsible for:
- ensuring the safety of all campers registered in before and after care;
- planning and implementation of fun and creative programming;
- ensuring camp information is communicated with parents of before and after care campers.
This is a part time (30 hours/week) role, for 6 weeks, beginning on Monday, July 8 and ending on Friday, August 16. This position will be filled by a person 18 years or older by July 8. This is a split shift position. Hours are 7:15am-10:15am and 2:45pm-5:45pm, with some flexibility.