What is One Degree Shift?
Choose a step
We just finished the Emotions Series. Are you ready to take another step? Here are some actions and resources to help you learn more about emotions. Choose at least one next step to grow in your God-given wisdom.
If you want to revisit a teaching or you missed any of the Emotions Series messages, you can access them all on the Emotions Series media page.
1. Build A New Habit
Reflect on what you took away from the Emotions series. Is there anything from the sermons that you need to apply to your life? Perhaps it’s building compassion for others, or surrendering worries to God, or speaking honestly about disappointment. Choose something that resonated specifically with you, then think of an action you can take that will help you build a new habit. Ask someone to pray with you and hold you accountable to that action.
2. Take A Class
The Gift of Lament course, led by Pastor Kirk, will teach us how to recover the practice of honest spiritual struggle by giving us permission to vocalize our pain and wrestle with sorrow. The course is online and begins February 3, 2021. Please register to attend.
3. Keep Learning
Explore other resources that can help you with healthy ways to process and handle emotions.
- Untangling Emotions by J. Alasdair Groves and Winston T. Smith
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
- Good and Angry: Redeeming Anger, Irritation, Complaining, and Bitterness by David Powlison
- Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World by Max Lucado
- How Do I Overcome Anxiety and Depression (Gospel Coalition Podcast)
- Christian Struggle with Depression, Anxiety, and Mental Health (Impactus Podcast)
- Forward Rewind podcast (in-depth conversations about our sermon topics)
- “Your Emotions Matter to God: Learning from the Bible’s Songbook” by John Piper
4. Join A Life Group
Life Groups are a great way to get connected, make friends and get support as we continue our faith journey. Join a Life Group or learn more by signing up for our Lifelink Group Launch class coming up on February 16.