Job Summary: Camp Forward is Forward Church’s summer outreach ministry. Last summer, we had over 400 campers, about half of whom are not connected with a church. We are looking for camp staff to lead this exciting ministry, build relationships with families in our community and teach children about Jesus. The Adaptive Camp Program Coordinator will support campers with special needs (including ADHD, trauma, mental health, etc.) at Camp Forward through planning and implementing camp activities.
- planning and implementing all camp related program (crafts, games, Bible lessons, STEM, etc.)
- ensuring that all program supplies are available for program in Adaptive Camp
- assisting with behaviour management of campers
- ensuring that each camper is physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually cared for
- creating additional supports such as visual schedules, when/then charts, etc.
- for certain campers, taking the lead on toileting and/or feeding (training will be provided)
- supporting campers and staff at the Kindergarten Camp and Elementary Camp with needs related to special needs as they arise
- working with other program coordinators to develop creative program for before and after care
- For more details, including dates of position, please see the Adaptive Camp Program Coordinator Job Description
- To apply please complete an application (click here) by Friday, March 8
- Please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions
- We are grateful for all who apply but will only respond to those we wish to interview