To assist the Worship Pastor in leading musicians, participate in administrative projects, and gain an appreciation of the role of Worship Pastor at Forward Church, with an emphasis on our Kitchener Site and Forward Youth.
This position requires the gifts of creative abilities, encouragement and leadership. The Worship Intern should have a servant’s heart, be a team player, teachable and committed to excellence.
- Music performance: To sing or play in a worship setting as a participant a regularly. This will include playing rhythm or lead guitar or singing vocal harmony at least three times monthly, in either the student band or the main worship band.
- Leading or Teaching: Worship Leading in Sunday services at Cambridge and Kitchener sites, minimum twice per month and monthly at student services.
- Administrative: To observe or participate in administrative meetings. This will include attendance at the “Dream Team” meetings monthly on Tuesdays, and helping to prepare and print music and do stage setup in main auditorium and youth auditorium, on Wednesday or Thursday afternoons.
- Relationships: To make a minimum of six intentional personal ministry connections. This will include meeting with at least two newcomers and two ministry volunteers.
- Spiritual Growth: To be in intentional relationship for discipleship and spiritual direction.
- Broader Understanding of the Church: To participate in four activities over the internship that are outside the specific responsibilities. This may include a Conference, funerals as required, or meetings with Worship Leaders and Tech Team Leaders.
- Must agree in belief and practice with the Articles of Faith, Covenant of Membership, and Lifestyle Statement of Forward Church (Section II of Church Bylaws).
- Must be able to sign and abide by the Engagement Agreement & Conduct (Section IV 18.01 of Church Bylaws).
- Capable of identifying, training, and supporting volunteer ministry leaders.
- Excellent computer, creative and administrative skills.
- The Worship Intern is accountable to the Worship and Communications Pastor and will work in close association with the Kitchener Site Pastor and Pastor of Student Ministries.
- Worship Team Scheduling
- Service Planning and oversight alongside the Kitchener Site Pastor and Youth Pastor
- Scheduling of auditions for potential new vocal and band members
- Production oversight to music and tech for Sunday morning services and youth services
- Troubleshooting for any problems that arise related to Sunday morning services
- Reporting of any ongoing musical or technical issues to worship pastor
- Help identify, arrange and/or promote training and skills development opportunities for band and tech teams as required.
- Check in weekly with scheduled worship leader to make sure they have everything they need for Sunday.
- Encourage, equip, grow and develop the band, vocal and tech teams at Forward Kitchener and Youth Teams as able.
- Take part in all dream team meetings.
- Assist with organizing and implementing creative elements at Forward Church
- Remind all team leaders and volunteers when a new semester of scheduling will be happening and to block-out any necessary dates.
- Confirm all Kitchener and Youth scheduling has been done and check in with the appropriate team leader if any positions remain unscheduled.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
We are grateful for all who apply but will only respond to those we wish to interview. Please send your resume to Pastor Keith Sparrow at email@example.com