The Bible is the most…
… book in the world.
‘People do not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God’ (Matthew 4:4).
‘All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true; to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.’ (2 Timothy 3:16).
But what about difficulties in the Bible?
The Bible is like a love letter from God:
- To those exploring faith (Romans 10:17; John 20:31)
- To those who are Christians
- Become like Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:18)
- Joy and peace in the midst of a storm (Psalm 23:5) – Guidance (Psalm 119:105)
- Health/healing (Proverbs 4:20–22)
- Defense against spiritual attack (Matthew 4:1–11)
- Power (Hebrews 4:12)
- Cleansing (John 15:3)‘Reading the Bible generates life. It produces change. It heals hurts.
It builds character. It transforms circumstances. It imparts joy. It overcomes adversity. It defeats temptation. It infuses hope. It releases power. It cleanses the mind’
Why Trust the Bible? Amy Orr-Ewing
30 Days, Nicky Gumbel
The Bible in One Year, Nicky Gumbel (Print and e-book)
Bible in One Year app with Nicky and Pippa Gumbel [iPhone/Android]