Clubs and Camps
Come volunteer at Camp Forward!
Each summer our amazing volunteer team helps make camp happen. We wouldn’t be able to run Camp Forward without them. Volunteers build relationships with our campers and have a lot of fun! We are currently looking for the following volunteer positions:
- Cohort Leader for Camp Forward
- Special Needs Buddy for Camp Forward
- Leaders for Youth Leadership Camp
If interested in being a volunteer this summer please complete an application to get the process started. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our Camp Forward Volunteer Director, Ashleigh Dunkley.
Summer Camps are part of our commitment to the next generation.
Summer is the most exciting time for kids. That’s why we want to make sure our summer camps are memorable here at Forward Church. At our camps, your child will form friendships, try exciting new activities, get lots of physical activity and hang out with leaders who really care about them. Most importantly, they get to be kids and have fun, and you get peace of mind knowing that your child is having fun in a safe environment. We can’t wait to meet your child at camp this summer!
Camp Forward – JK to Grade 5 (for the 2020-2021 school year)
NEW Youth Leadership Camp – Grades 6 to Grade 11 (for the 2020-2021 school year).
Please note that all Camp Forward information listed here is subject to change based on the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Camp Forward Day Camp – Register today!
Come join our day camps full of fun activities. Campers will spend time both indoors and outdoors playing games, building amazing projects, doing science experiments and more. We know that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic will change how we offer a great camp experience, but rest assured that your child will have fun and be safe this summer at Camp Forward. Find out how we are adapting Camp Forward this year and get answers to your frequently asked questions.
$90/week for 5 day weeks and $80/week for a 4 day week
Price increases to $115/week for 5 day weeks and $105/week for 4 day weeks on Monday, June 7.
Scholarships may be available upon request.
Please note that all 7 weeks of Camp Forward are now wait list only.
Week 1 July 5-9
Week 2 July 12-16
Week 3 July 19-23
Week 4 July 26-30
Week 5 August 3-6 (4 day week)
Week 6 August 9-13
Week 7 August 16-20
Cambridge Site Campers
Camp hours are 9:00am to 3:30pm
Before Care is offered from 8:00am-9:00am for an additional $20/week ($16/week for 4-day weeks) and After Care is offered from 3:30pm-5:00pm for an additional $25/week ($20/week for 4-day weeks). You may register for Before Care only, After Care only or both Before and After Care.
Kitchener Site Campers
Kitchener campers will take a bus from our Kitchener site (600 Doon Village Rd.) to our Cambridge site every day for free. Drop off will be at the Kitchener site from 8:30am to 8:45am and pick up will be at 4:15pm to 4:30pm. Please be sure to you choose this option during registration.
Please note that all of our camps are inclusive of children with special needs.
We have two options of support for campers with special needs.
- You can provide your own support person and your child comes to camp for free. This person must be pre-approved by camp staff and then you will receive a reimbursement of your camp fee.
- You can request that Camp Forward provide a support person. If you choose this option, a member of the camp staff team will be in contact after you register to gather additional information about your child. Once we receive that information back, we will confirm whether we can provide support for the week(s) you have requested. This option is no longer available as all spots for camp provided additional support are full.
Youth Leadership Camp – New for 2021!
SOLD OUT FOR 2021
Are you a young leader who wants to grow, gain camp experience and have fun? If so, you should apply for our Youth Leadership Camp. Each two-week session is an opportunity for you to develop leadership skills that you can use at school, in your community and as a Camp Forward leader. Find out more about the program through our frequently asked questions.
Session 1: July 5-9 and July 12-16 for youth in Grade 6-8 in the 2020-2021 school year
Session 2: July 19-23 and July 26 to 30 for youth in Grades 9-11 in the 2020-2021 school year
Session 3: August 9 to 13 and August 16 to 20 for youth in Grades 6-8 in the 2020-2021 school year
Cost: $100/session. Scholarships may be available upon request.
If you’re interested, we’re going to ask you to go through an application process. The Youth Leadership Camp will be a lot of fun, but it’s different than being a camper. Participants should have a desire to grow in their leadership, work hard and have a certain level of maturity necessary for the program. Start by filling out the application:
- Application – Complete an application to let us know why you’d be a great member of our Youth Leadership Camp.
- Interview – If we think you’d be a great fit after reading your application, you will be contacted to do a 20 minute interview over Zoom where we can get to know you, your skills and what you’d like to learn this summer.
- References – The next step is for us to contact the references you listed on your application.
- Registration – Once steps 1-3 are complete and we think you’d be a great fit, we will email you a link so that you can register for our Youth Leadership Program.
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we don’t know if we are able to accept youth volunteers to help at Camp Forward outside of the Youth Leadership Camp. All youth volunteers, if any, we accept this year must part of the Youth Leadership Camp. Therefore, if you are interested in volunteering this summer you must complete the Youth Leadership Camp application. There will be the option for you to indicate on the Youth Leadership Application if you are interested in volunteering for Camp Forward in addition to being a participant in the Youth Leadership Camp.