Forward Church is a vibrant, multigenerational, multiplying church, that is led by Jesus in all that we do. We are thankful for our unity as we seek to give God our best being a church of contributors serving Jesus on mission together. We value our team members as we join hands and work to be the light of Jesus in our region and around the world. We accomplish this by making disciples that love God, love others and serve the world.
If you see a position below where you believe you can contribute to this mission and help lead the church forward, we would love to hear from you!
Our Vision describes what we aspire to accomplish as a church
Being the light of Jesus in our region and around the world.
Our Mission describes how we pursue accomplishing the vision God has called us to.
Make disciples of Jesus who love God, love others, and serve the world.
Mark 12:30-31; Matthew 28:19:20
Student Ministry Director
Here is a great opportunity for you to invest in a large number of students and volunteer leaders as part of a multi-site church environment.
We are looking for an individual to lead our student ministries (Grade 6-12 and Young Adults) for all church sites while providing shepherding and teaching to students and their parents. This full-time role could be a perfect fit for you if you have spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching, and shepherding.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a minimum of three years of experience on staff in Youth Ministry in a medium-sized or larger local church environment
- Shows the ability to develop and empower volunteer leaders
- Has the ability to provide effective biblical teaching to teenagers and young adults.
Forward Church is based in Waterloo Region and is home to two sites: Cambridge and Kitchener. Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus who love God, love others, and serve the world. We are deeply committed to intentional discipleship and multiplying as a church.
The Director of Student Ministry must be able to agree in belief and practice with our Articles of Faith, Lifestyle Statement, and other Staff Policies.
We are grateful for all who apply but will only respond to those we wish to interview. Please send your resume to Pastor Kirk Giles at email@example.com
Student Ministry Intern
Forward Church is searching for an intern to join a team serving a large group of students and assisting them to grow as disciples of Jesus. Beginning in September 2022 – this is a part-time (20 hours a week) two-year paid internship. The Student Ministry Intern is an ideal position for those who are currently pursuing education in a Bible College or Seminary or who are considering a future career serving in the local church. Your role will include:
- Assisting in organizing and leading youth outreaches, special events, and retreats
- Engaging in regular teaching opportunities of youth in both large and small group settings
- Connecting with students and encouraging them in their spiritual journey
- Assisting in the training, supervision, and encouragement of volunteer youth workers
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of parents events throughout the year
- Assisting with administrative duties associated with Student Ministry
Forward Church is based in Cambridge, Ontario. An intern must be able to agree in belief and practice with our Articles of Faith, Lifestyle Statement, and other Staff Policies.
We are grateful for all who apply, but will only respond to those we wish to interview. Please send your resume to Pastor Kirk Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org