This content is coming from index.php
Marriage, Singleness, and Divorce (1 Corinthians 7:1-16) | Imperfect Series
Both singleness and marriage are good gifts from God, they both come with their own benefits and their own responsibilities. Marriage brings with it the good gift of sex, but that gift also comes with restrictions and responsibilities. Singleness grants to the single person a level of freedom that those who are married do not have, but that freedom comes with the reality that sex is reserved for those who are married. We need to thank God for whatever gift he has given to us and trust that the restrictions each of those gifts come with are for our good and His glory.
- Whether you are single or married God has given you a gift that comes with both blessings and requirements. (vs.7)
- Marriage is a gift.
- Marriage blesses us with the opportunity to model the love of Christ. (Ephesians 5:22-33)
- Singleness is a gift.
- Singleness blesses us with the freedom to serve the cause of Christ. (1 Corinthians 7:32-34)
- The requirement of Christian singleness is celibacy. (1 Corinthians 6:18)
- The requirement of Christian marriage is lifelong commitment. (1 Corinthians 7:10-16)
- Whether you are single or married satisfaction is ultimately found in the giver rather than the gift.